The Southernmost Marathon & Half
Saturday, December 2nd, 2017
This fast and flat course takes you off of the island of Key West, through Stock Island, and up to US 1 for a turnaround. Once back on the island the Gulf of Mexico greets you to help you finish your race. There is a 6 hour time limit for the marathon. Please be advised that we will have a sweep vehicle if you do not finish in this time allowance.
The Half takes you off of Key West and onto Stock Island for the turnaround. On the way back, the Gulf side of the island provides water views for a majority of the way. Water stations will be available but unmanned after 12pm.
The start and finish for the Marathon and Half Marathon are at the Rum Barrel, 528 Front Street, Key West, FL.
- 6 hour time limit on the Marathon.
- Average temperature on race day is 85 degrees, hydrate accordingly!
- 5:30am Marathon Start time.
- 5:45am Half Marathon Start time.
- Lemon Lime Gatorade & Gu as on course nutrition.
- Stop at the Southernmost Point for your photo op!
- Don't forget your Red Buoy locally roasted cold brew shot at the last aid station!
- Headlamps encouraged - headlamp drop boxes will be located at Water Station 5, 6, 7, and 8!
- Enjoy the sunrise!
Water Station Information:
WS 1 water
WS 2 water/Gatorade
WS4 water/ Gatorade
WS6 water/ Gatorade
WS7 water/ Gatorade /gels
WS8 water/ Gatorade /sponges
WS9 water/ Gatorade
WS10 water/ Gatorade
WS11 water/ Gatorade /sponges
WS12 water/ Gatorade /sponges
WS13 water/ Gatorade
WS14 water/ Gatorade
WS15 water/ Gatorade
*Stations 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 will be double back to for Marathon.
*Station 6 Half Marathoners will double back to.
**Stations are located approx. every 1.5 miles